London-based shapeshifters CODE will release a new EP titled “Lost Signal” on January 25th via Agonia Records. Watch a video trailer for this release at:
“Lost Signal” is a meeting of ages and a blurring of lines.
In the Summer of 2015, CODE spent some time in a studio in England to experiment with tracks from their back catalogue of four albums. The idea was to re-visit past works from a different angle and “Lost Signal” is the result.
The EP features three songs from their most recent album “Mut” (2015), performed with a strong metallic approach. It also features three further songs, one from each of the first three albums performed in a more subtle and introspective style similar to that seen on the “Mut” album. The result is a release that alternatively emphasises the subtlety and heaviness of the band’s sound and provides a chance to hear these songs in a completely new way.
The songs featured on the EP are:
– “On Blinding Larks”, “Cocoon” and “Affliction” from the “Mut” album.
– “The Rattle of Black Teeth” from the “Resplendent Grotesque” album.
– “The Lazarus Cord” from the “Augur Nox” album.
– “Brass Dogs” from the “Nouveau Gloaming” album.
Produced and mixed by the band themselves, this is the sound of CODE exploring the dichotomy within their music and producing a release of rich power, melody and dynamics.
– Transparent 12″ LP limited to 389 copies.
– Transparent 12″ LP with black splatter limited to 111 copies.