Greek dark metalers Septicflesh have revealed some news concerning their forthcoming album. The band has entered the Devasoundz Studios in Athens to start recording their new effort, yet untitled. It has been revealed that the sucessor of The Great Mass will contain 10 songs and is expected to be released in North America via Prosthetic Records in early 2014.
On this album, the band will work with producer/musician Logan Mader (former guitarist of Machine Head, known for his collaboration with bands such as Cavalera Conspiracy, Fear Factory, Gojira). Regarding the approach on the orchestral parts, a trademark of the Septicflesh sound, the band will continue working with the Philharmonic Orchestra of Prague, but with a twist: this time around a full children choir as well as a full choir will be featured.
In other news, a couple of days ago the band has also announced a tour in Japan for February, with the support band being As They Burn for the following dates:
- 11.02.2014 – JPN – Sendai, Flying Son
- 12.02.2014 – JPN – Nagoya, Imaike Club 3star
- 13.02.2014 – JPN – Osaka, Nanba Rockets
- 14.02.2014 – JPN – Fukuoka, Graf
- 15.02.2014 – JPN – Hiroshima, Border
- 16.02.2014 – JPN – Shizuoka, Sunash
- 17.02.2014 – JPN – Tokyo, Cyclone